Engineering a tour contender
Official Contest Rules
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY. All applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. Limit one entry per person per day during the Contest Period.
Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of Sponsor (as defined below), its affiliated or related companies, the consulting, advertising and promotion agencies of the Sponsor and any independent contest organization are not eligible to participate. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
- Contest Period. The Contest Period is from 12:00:01 a.m. on July 5, 2014 to 11:59:59 p.m. on July 27, 2014. All times are EST/EDT. All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize.
There is one (1) prize available to be won as follows:
Cervélo R5 51” equipped with Shimano components, 3T components, Mavic Wheels, and Fizik bar tape and saddle, as supplied by Team Garmin-Sharp. The bike may or may not be ridden by one or more riders during the 2014 Tour de France.
Residency shall be based on where the prize claimant normally resides as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. If winner is a U.S. resident, winner may be issued a 1099-MISC form for prizes with a retail value of US $7000 or more.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- How to Enter. [To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize, a potential entrant must access the Sponsor's website cervelo.com and complete the Contest online entry form. The entry form must be completed fully and accurately. Incomplete entry forms or forms with inaccurate information will be disqualified. A duly completed entry form must be received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. An entry form entitles the entrant to one entry in the Contest.
- How to Win
On July 30, 2014 at 12:00:00 pm EST in the City of Toronto, in the Province of Ontario, at the offices of the Sponsor, one (1) entry will be randomly selected from a server generated list of all entries received by the Sponsor’s servers during the Contest Period. The entrant who owns the selected entry, and who is otherwise eligible to win, will be the selected entrant who is eligible to win the prize subject to compliance with these Rules.
Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the selected entrant by email using the information provided at the time of entry within five (5) business days of the Draw Date.
If the selected entrant cannot be contacted (i.e. cannot successfully be reached by email by the Sponsor or its representative) within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date, if documents are not returned by the date required, if a selected entrant is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, if a prize is returned as undeliverable or is not claimed, or if the selected entrant declines or cannot accept a prize for any reason, then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate selected entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
In order to win any prize, a selected entrant must, in addition to meeting the Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with these Rules, sign and return within five (5) business days of notification by e-mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver prepared by the Sponsor.
Potential winners who are Canadian residents must answer correctly, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, before being declared a winner.
Entrants should allow four to six weeks after verification for shipment or mailing of any prize to the address provided at the time of registration. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a form satisfactory to Sponsor may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- General Indemnity and Release.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby releases and indemnifies the Sponsor and any independent judging organization and any of their parents, affiliates, agents and contractors, including advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective directors, officers and employees (collectively, "Released Parties"), from any and all losses, expenses (including legal fees), damages, and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, moral rights, breach of proprietary rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Disclaimer. Neither the Sponsor nor any other Released Parties is responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest; or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
- Improper Activities. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- E-mail Entries. In the event of a dispute between entrants as to who submitted an entry, the entry shall be deemed submitted by an “authorized e-mail account holder” and entries will be declared made by the authorized e-mail account holder of the e‑mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, on‑line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‑mail address. The potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry.
- No Automated Entries. Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer software programs or other automated means to auto‑fill or create multiple entries or otherwise tamper with the entry process, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all such entrants from future contests conducted by the Sponsor without further notice.
- Governing Law. The Contest and these Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Province of Ontario. All claims shall be brought exclusively in the Province of Ontario and shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
- Compliance with Rules and Decisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Modification, Suspension or Cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned.
- Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the Cervélo 51” R5 awarded shall be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, Sponsor in‑store advertising, and in electronic and web banner advertising including the Sponsor web site.
- Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winners' name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation and on a perpetual basis, for promotional purposes and in any media without further permission or compensation.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after August 1, 2014 and before November 1, 2014 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Engineering a Tour Contender Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Engineering a Tour Contender Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage. [A copy of these Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.]
Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is:
1-15 Leswyn Rd
M6A 1J8 Canada